Welcome to the multi-faceted shopping haven of that is Jakarta. From traditional and colorful markets to world class malls, there is no shortage of options, regardless of the shopping experience you seek.
With your central location at The Westin Jakarta, you are best placed to conveniently enjoy the many shopping attractions in the city. You can buy exotic batik souvenirs and handicrafts at the local markets and continue your shopping spree at department stores inside the enormous malls within minutes.
In terms of malls, Jakarta houses over 170 of them, which means thousands of shops, boutiques, and stalls await to be explored. Below are a few shopping malls we recommend:
- Grand Indonesia – One of the largest and grandest shopping malls in Jakarta with a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and recreational facilities.
- Kota Kasablanka – A stylish mall that will fulfill all your shopping desires and invite you to indulge in upscale restaurants and cafes.
- Kuningan City Mall – An up and coming mall for the young and the modern in Jakarta.
- Sarinah Thamrin – One of the oldest malls in Jakarta which showcases Indonesian art, crafts, wooden carvings, batik clothing and antiques, perfect for your souvenir shopping.
For a different shopping experience complete with Indonesian culture, skip the malls and head straight for the traditional markets.
- Surabaya Street – A vibrant open-air market in the Menteng district, famous for its exotic items and souvenirs.
- Rawabening Gemstone Market – a gem collectors’ paradise that houses over 1000 stalls offering uncut and polished gemstones of all kinds.
- Tanah Abang – a refreshing market with a plethora of knick knacks and souvenirs.
- Pasar Baru – One of the oldest street markets in Jakarta offering fabrics, stationery, beauty products, accessories, glasses, shoes and much more.
For more on shopping in Jakarta, contact our Concierge staff.